Saturday, February 11, 2006

One Kick Ass Camera

My tamad self wanted to let the picture do all the talking but that won't give justice to the Canon 5D if one merely looks at it at face value - simply and classic. What lies beneath this body is a breadth of features never once conceived by any other player in the Digital SLR space.

In the simplest terms possible, let me try to capture in words what this kick ass camera has to offer, apart from the common ones....

1. It is a whopping 12.8 megapixel camera that is relatively lighter than the Canon EOS 1D. Not sure how helpful the weight is because I know some people who prefer to have heavier ammunition for more control. But twelve point eight megapixel?!? Now that has to be something...

2. You can use CF I and II with it, including the 2 GB ones - Meaning more more more storage space! Well, for the size of the photos, you would definitely need more storage space!!!

3. It comes with a high speed interface that allows one to move photos from the camera to the computer faster than the speed of light... Ok, I'm exaggerating now, but it does allow you to transfer photos way faster than the normal. So what does that do to you? We'll let's just say you're in the middle of watching a super bowl game and Hines Ward is on his way to a score a touchdown when you run out of memory and need to move some files on to your laptop very quickly. A high speed connectivity comes in handy, so that you can move these files and not lose time doing it, giving you just enough time to capture the touchdown! Now isn't that amazing?!?

4. It uses CMOS image sensor. Compared with the CCD (which is what most DSLRs use), the CMOS allows one to dramatically increase the pixel size while not increasing the number of pixels - meaning you are not using up extra space by increasing the pixel size.

This list could go on and on and on but one thing is for sure - It is worth EXPERIENCING the Canon 5D. With that, I take my cue to leave it up to you to check it out at the Photoworld Exhibit. I can't wait to get my hands on this new Canon DSLR myself!!!

Am I getting one for myself? ABSOLUTELY YES!!! This will be the first thing I will splurge my money on IF I win the lottery!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home