Wednesday, April 26, 2006

ANOTHER PLDT MYDSL NIGHTMARE

After several rounds of emails and after having sent a complete detailed blow-by-blow report to NTC's Engr. Edgardo Cabarios, they finally managed to send someone to my place to fix the connection. Yes, my DSL is back up but NO - their so-called technical people HAVEN'T MANAGED TO RESTORE IT TO THE SAME SETTINGS I HAD BEFORE THE DOWNTIME. Unfortunately, he doesn't know how to properly configure my router to the same settings I had before the downtime. That leaves my P5,000.00 Airport Express completely useless and sitting in the box next to my PC... CRAP!!!

Add to my dismay - I DID NOT GET A REBATE! I was billed the full amount when I got to my bills today!!! When I wrote to PLDT's Corporate Governance about this, obviously they were covering up their asses now, telling me that they simply NOTED my concern about a rebate, but they were not responsible to do it ---- SAY WHAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?

Geeez, transacting with this company is an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE - You might as well save yourself from having a heart attack by going with another provider if you haven't got DSL yet. OMG, I am still appalled at how LOUSY, UNPROFESSIONAL and... DID I SAY LOUSY? THEIR SERVICE IS!!!!

Add to my dismay, they can't even do their computations correctly! They approved of a rebate after I persistently emailed their corporate governance today... BUT - it was a rebate for one day less of my actual downtime. So if you have to do anything - AS IN ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING - with PLDT MYDSL... MAKE SURE TO KEEP THESE THINGS IN MIND:

1. MAKE SURE YOUR COMPLAINT IS DOCUMENTED IN EMAIL. (YOU CAN DO REGISTERED MAIL - BUT THAT MIGHT TAKE YOU AGES!)There are a bunch of liars out there, knowing that they can get away with it. If you transact with them over the phone, it's simply your word against them. ALWAYS ALWAYS HAVE PROOF!!!

2. SCRUTINIZE EVERY DETAIL - Do not stop at face value. When they say they NOTED it. Explicitly as for an EXPLANATION what it means. If their definition of noting is "Yes we hear you, but no we're not acting on that", then you might as well get a CLEAR INSTRUCTION on getting what you need to be done!

3. ESCALATE - Your concerns will never be heard by their pseudo technical support team. All they will tell you is - leave your PC and modem turned on, we will do remote testing... fo 600 HRS... Oh, you might notice that do have different ways of putting that - thanks to PLDT, I have simply gained another 300 pesos on my meralco bill - NOW, ARE THEY GOING TO PAY FOR THAT?! ---- Ha! Don't even think about it - probably when hell freezes over...so what am I saying? NAME DROP IF YOU MUST, ESCALATE TO YOUR FRIENDS WHO KNOWS SOMEONE HIGH UP IN THEIR CORPORATE LADDER, OR SEND AN EMAIL TO THEIR CORPORATE GOVERNANCE.

4. IF THAT STILL WON'T RESOLVE YOUR ISSUE - GO GET A LAWYER AND LOBBY FOR A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. When you are ready with this, do count me in!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home